Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy Birthday : AnniVERVEsary Sketch Challenge

The AnniVERVEsary Challenge for Day 3 was a sketch...and I'm always up for a great sketch. For this one, I used some old designer series paper and whipped up a card that I plan to use for an upcoming birthday. It should be pretty easy to mail, too, other than my ribbon knot! I had initially planned it as a masculine card and I think it works, but it turned out pretty gender neutral, I believe.


I had this Happy Birthday from Verve already stamped and cut out, so it was nice to be able to use a "leftover". It especially helps that it's one of my very favorite birthday sentiments - such a lovely plain jane stamp! I added some sponging to the dry embossed layer, some silver brads to the orange layer and wrapped it in ribbon...voila!

2 comments:

  1. you've been a busy little stamper! LOVE orange and green :) A great card for anyone and any occasion! You could even sneak a shamrock on there ;) teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mix of papers and way to use the sketch!! I agree, that is a fabulous HB sentiment which I use all the time. Here's hoping you pop into the release party! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis