Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Let's Hear It For The Boys : Sisterhood Challenge

Well this week, I'm hosting the Let's Hear It For The Boys Challenge over at The Sisterhood of Crafters. This week, we're celebrating the anniversary of Bonibleaux Designs with some Dude Time Doodles Images.

First up is my Mojo Monday 249 sketch created card using this sweet little youth football player :) I did it up in Seahawks colors for my brother in law (or maybe my nephew...we'll see!)


The second card uses C Bizkit, which I thought was just way too fun :) I used SU markers for these and oh boy....I need to get some coloring in or learn to leave them black & white like my friend Moe!


The background is a Waltzingmouse stamp that I was hoping would resemble the checkered jerseys of some jockeys...but I think it looks more like a picnic table cloth. HAHA

Finally, some flowers from my garage flower bed..larkspurs

Northern edge of bed's red lilies ready to bloom

Varigated lilies of the south edge of the flower bed
  
First two teeny little strawberries from my flower bed
(which I then got in trouble for eating since I didn't offer to share with MrP)

It's been toasty around here, as I'm sure most places have been. I went out for a 10K run with a friend yesterday that turned into a 5.5K run followed by a 5K walk back.

I'm a good Northwestern Canadian - I like about 25 degrees celcius as my 'high' temp....but I sure won't complain about this weather since it's so rare!

Anyways, I hope all is well with everyone and that you're keeping a nice, regulated temperature wherever you're at :)


Now head over to The Sisterhood of Crafters to show us your manly creations - and a chance at $10 in Bonibleaux Designs!


4 comments:

  1. LOL, now you know why I don't colour! Well, I do in the classroom, but that's it! Yours looks pretty good from here, though :) Love how you've used the Verve sentiments...adorable! Yep, i'm a mid to high 20s girl too, it's been hot here too, but I'm not complaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to rock that skewed panel on the mojo sketch, Tanis!! I'm leaning towards not doing it - yes, I'm a wimp LOL! Great colour combo and love the little stitched banner with the sentiment. Fabulously done! The image on the second one made me giggle - darling sentiment to go with it. I'm with you re: the colouring issue. B & W all the way I say LOL!

    Kids are nearing the end of their swimming lessons (aka my lap time) and it is a sad thing. Have always loved to swim and it is a great work out - worth of an hour nap yesterday afternoon LOL! Glad you have some work out buddies who get you out there.

    Enjoy the sunshine!! We sure are, though humidity and curly hair are not a good combo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job on the image cards! Way to go getting outside your comfort zone! Your photos of the flowers look spectacular....Beautiful colors! We had a small break from the "crazy" heat, but I think it will be back this weekend. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you at about 25 degrees…just perfect :)

    Awesome cards girl! The image on the second card made me laugh! Too funny!

    Beautiful pics of the flowers. Hope all is well!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis