Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Shakin' it up : Sisterhood Challenge

A Shaker Card? Those look impossible! Yep - that was my first reaction to this challenge...but I was definitely up to give it a try =) The tutorial can be found here and trust me - it's not nearly as tough as it looks...although I managed to screw it up, but that's just a special talent of mine!

Anyways, this sketch is from Viva La Verve April Week 1 and the color combination is Just Us Girls Challenge #133. I plan to give the card to my niece after her ballet recital that I'll be attending next week since I had made the card with her in mind...butterflies & beautiful, bright colors!

I celebrated the second anniversary of my 29th birthday yesterday (one of my friends said it that way once and it's always been a sentiment I loved) and was completely spoiled with lunch and Starbucks delivered to my office, a night out, and some fabulous gifts from friends and family. MrP had given me full privileges while we were in Vegas to do some shopping. I'm not a shopper, but I definitely made it worthwhile ;)
Now it's the final countdown to my second half marathon on Sunday. I'm looking forward to being finished....the only other race booked this summer is a 5K in Calgary - and I can't wait! My bike is screaming for me to get out & ride it =)

The new job is still going well and despite some sad news (for me) about my boss's promotion yesterday, I'm enjoying it!

Be well, my friends....enjoy your week - and head over to The Sisterhood of Crafters to get your Shake on!

5 comments:

  1. You aced both challenges, Tanis!! Love how you used the bright colours and a shaker card is perfect for a young girl :) I have yet to make one! Glad you had a special birthday :) Wishing your a fabulous year ahead and all the best on your next big run! I'll be cheering loudly from BC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun shaker card -- LOVE the hat pin! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun and busy month you've had! And what a fun card! I think I've only made one shaker card, but they always look so fun! What a great auntie you are! LOVE the seam binding with pin :) So glad to hear the new job is going well and your half marathon is coming up! I know you'll rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute shaker card and I love the contents :). I love the wrinkle ribbon too...Hope the run went well today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is super cute, hope you have a wonderful weekend, check this out....
    http://vervestamps.blogspot.com/2012/05/april-diva-dare-winners.html

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis