Wednesday, February 1, 2012

VLV January 2012 Wk 2 Sketch : Happy Birthday, Marisa!

Now that the recipient finally has this card, I figured I could post it =) This was Marisa's birthday card that I sent earlier this month (albeit late since I had been obsessed with using a certain sentiment that we both love - the Happy Birthday Plain Jane from Verve. For the life of me, I've searched high and low for it and still haven't found it, so I placed my new order today.


The sketch was a fabulous one that Andrea came up with - January's VLV Week 2. It was challenging for me, but I think it worked. I knew I could include some green since we're both lovers it. =) A seam binding bow, some half pearls, a button, twine, nesties and rhinestones, plus embossing and edges from a recently purchased MFT Open Bracket Border and this card was done!

I survived my snowboard lesson last night....and signed up for another half marathon - the Edmonton Police Foundation Half Marathon on April 29th. Guess it'll be a good way to celebrate turning 31 just five days before =)

Plus then I'll have a second half marathon out of the way in time to start concentrating on cycling for my 2012 MS Bike Tour. Oh the fun to be had this spring/summer!

4 comments:

  1. I noticed that border right away, it is just so cool! The colors and the beautiful bow are perfect! Wow, you will be busy these next few months with training...You continue to be an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see the card but better to be able to see it in person :) Thanks again for thinking of me on my birthday (((hugs))).

    Well done on signing up for the next 1/2 marathon! I'll be cyber cheering for you all the way!!

    Assuming you are becoming a pro on the snow board now too :)

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are hitting 2012 with a bang!! Super woman you! I'm glad you're on my tean ;) I'm sure Marisa loved this sweet card with so many of her favs on it :) Guaranteed you'll find that stamp as soon as your new one arrives...never fails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This card is GORGEOUS!!! WOW! I'm sure Marisa was in awe when she received it! I love the beautiful DP! WOW! And that border die is incredible. I've been eyeing these MFT dies for a while and you've got me convinced! I've got to check them out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis