Friday, January 6, 2012

Celebrating You : Mojo Monday Sketch 222

Well I knew I'd be needing some birthday cards for this month, so I used the Mojo Monday Sketch 222 to get started. I wanted to create a golden creation, having been inspired by the new ribbon I picked up at Michael's.

I used some liquid pearls, gold embossing powder, gold paint pen, some of my yet-unloved copics (I was hoping for a paler shade of green, but this was the lightest I had..in hindsight, maybe a SU marker would've worked, too) and some pearls to highlight this creation. I also added a little sparkle with a glitter pen to the inside of the flower.

I was also able to use up some papers from my collection. Yahoo!

The sentiment is the title stamp from Celebrating You and the flower is from Love's Flower, neither set of which has seen enough love on this blog (in my mind anyways).


Have a wonderful Friday! Tonight I'm off to The Keg with my mom and MrP to help use up some gift cards she received over the holidays. Sweet deal for us =) Speaking of sweet deals...I had told MrP that I was craving salad for supper, so what does he do? Rocks my world with an amazing feast of warm, fried goat cheese coins on a bed of spinach, apple & walnut salad in an apple cider vinaigrette. SPOILED!


7 comments:

  1. Oh what an lovely card!!It's perfect for Birthday - so elegant and stylish. I love the ribbon. I wish we have Michael's here in Bulgaria :)
    Hugs
    - Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. That man really is a chef! YUM! Lovely golden creation too...I'm sorely lacking in the B-day card department myself. I've gotta get motivated! Have a great dinner out with mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous, Tanny! Love how you used the mojo sketch and that Verve flower is wonderful outlined - great idea! Nice touch with the sentiment too - the little flourish (for lack of a better word) looks wonderful above the words. You rocked this one big time! I want to come to dinner - this salad looks delicious! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm usually not one for gold but this card is stunning! And your dinner looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is your twitter name? I cannot find it?? :) Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, your card is so elegant. I love your take on the sketch.

    ~Cheryl~


    **I am offering blog candy on my blog. Please feel free to stop by and enter if you are interested.**

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mouth is watering! So nice when you have a hubby that likes to cook (i'm one of those lucky folks too :)). The salad looks AMAZING!
    Speaking of AMAZING - WOW you card is STUNNING!!! Such beautiful, shimmery colors! Breath-taking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis