Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I claim NO brilliance for this card...it was completely CASE'd and supremely inspired by Andrea's card. I loved what she'd done with her PTI and while I didn't have those flowers, I thought my Verve might do the trick in a similar fashion. I used Barely Banana & So Saffron, plus White and Kraft - I'm pretty sure hers are in lovely, vibrant PTI but I did give it my best color shot ;)


Anyways, I took my mom out for lunch today and gave this to her (which she loved!) We shared some laughs and great food, then make a trip to Mountain Equipment Co-op for my work and finally, a sweet ending at Crave Cupcakes.

Still no running, but I was able to go biking yesterday and had a fabulous 47km ride on my new bike. My achilles felt the exercise, but it's not painful, so I'm hoping I'll get the all clear to start running on Wednesday, as I have a 10K run on Sunday. *fingers crossed*

Finally, to all my fabulous Mother friends....HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE this, Tanny!! I headed right over to Andrea's to see the inspiration and had to squeal that she was using the stamps and die that she won for the birthday blog candy!! LOL I think you've done a great CASE job :) Sounds like a wonderful day with your mom (with cupcakes, no less!)...and glad to hear you are healing...I threw my lower back out a couple of weeks ago and am off weight training for a couple of weeks but have the go on cardio :) UGH!! Too bad you aren't closer and we could stamp together while we heal :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely case, Tanny :) Loving the yellow and pearls in the middle. Sounds like you had a fabulous time with your mom today. I'm sure it made her day to spend a good part of it with you :) Glad to hear you are starting to heal up. Been gentle on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your card is just as awsome as the inspiration one...Super job casing! I love how you changed it just a bit with your twine and ribbon treatment :) I'm glad the rest is helping you heal and I hoping along with you that you are good to go real soon! So happy you had a great day with mom too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness Tanny! This is BRILLIANT!!! I LOVE the addition of the pearls and the sentiment on the twine!!! I'll have to borrow that little detail! The colors are FABULOUS! So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day with your Mom!!! Thanks so much for the sweet comments and the shout out!!! Your CASE is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis