Thursday, March 24, 2011

Get your Diva on with a little Viva!

Well just for my friend I thought could use a little pep talk, I pulled this card together. I used the Viva La Verve March 2011 Week 2 Sketch and I think it worked out pretty well. The embossing on the sahara Sand panel is Stars and it added a nice dimension to a rather simple & unadorned card. I wanted the color to really pop - because I also took the Get Your Diva On March Challenge =) What color to better represent spring than green?! (Although you wouldn't know it with the week of ongoing snow we've been receiving)


We had a fun evening of supper (Yep - I made it - no ordering in for me!), followed by facials and visiting. Gotta love the friends you're comfortable seeing you in your 'naked face'...and I do think she's awesome! Along with the card, I gave her a box of chocolate covered strawberries - because what day doesn't improve with chocolate dipped fruit?! LOL
Tomorrow - more new Verve is released....I'm off to blog hop!

Have a fabulous Thursday! Thanks for stopping by =)

Stamps: Verve Blue Skies
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Going Grey, Sahara Sand, Wild Wasabi
Ink: Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Ribbon, Half Pearls, Button, Thread, Embossing Folder

6 comments:

  1. Awesome color combo! So hip and trendy...Grey is the new black ya know :) Sounds like you had a fun night too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pop of green, Tanis (my favorite colour). You used that sketch fabulously well - love the clean lines on it.

    Glad to hear you had wonderful evening and well done on the cooking - from one non-cook to another LOL!

    Hope to see you at the party tomorrow night. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more...green is the perfect colour for spring...and I know it's somewhere under those inches of snow we are getting right now!! LOL...should be gone by tomorrow :) Sounds like you are having fun with your "peeps"...then you will LOVE the set that peeks tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a WONDERFUL card!!! I love that sentiment! The green pops off the card so beautifully! You're so right, what day doesn't improve with chocolate covered ANYTHING :) Sounds like such a fun night! I'm sure it meant so much to your friend. Have a goodie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! The color combo you used is very striking!


    ~Cheryl~


    Check out my blog candy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis