Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, Marisa!

Hopefully this little card has reached you by now! The Mojo 173 Sketch was ideal for this little birthday card and a chance to get my newest Nestabilities a little inky. I used my favorite birthday sentiment from Verve and a bit of inspiration from some my amazing BC friends - buttons, bling, ribbon & embossing (Marisa - it took a LOT to not swiss dot these panels all up because you always do it to perfection!)



Marisa's blog, Rosemary Reflections, is constantly updated with inspiring creations and fabulously executed challenges (like her dislike of skewed panels that often results in the most lovely cards!) If you haven't been there lately, check it out!

This fabulous Friday, I hope everyone is warm & safe, happily enjoying a little luxury in whatever form that may take (I suspect mine will be taking shape in a my little Starbucks cold cup in the form of a grande black tea lemonade - I know, I'm weird drinking cold drinks in the winter, but I even crave ice cream more in the winter than the summer)
Stamps: Verve Happy Birthday
Papers: Whisper White, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, SU! DPInk: Old OliveAccessories: PTI Buttons, black twine, rhinestones, Bashful Blue ribbon, Flower Bloom Dots EF

5 comments:

  1. I love it! The font in the sentiment matches that curvey Nestie to perfection :) This card is matchy matchy heaven with the paper and embossing folder you chose too. She will be thrilled to find this in the mail :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tanis, I love it!! It hasn't arrived yet but today's mail hasn't been delivered just yet so I could get it this afternoon. Gorgeous colour combination, use of the mojo sketch, embossing folder and your newest nestie (isn't' that one wonderful). Can't wait to see it in real life :)

    I popped over the line today and got my Verve order so thank you again for your wonderful gift!! I can't wait to go upstairs and get the set inky :)

    Have a fabulous weekend - without having to participate in any Shovelfest activities I hope....!! We are building an Ark over here as it has been pouring - ugh!

    Please have Mr.P give you a HUGE hug from me for blessing me so wonderfully on my birthday. Blessings to you my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lovely, Tanny...the colours even remind me of Marisa :) It sounds like she is having a lovely day so far :) We just got a skiff of snow last night...nothing like what you've been getting :) I love that you get cold drinks in winter...I'm the opposite, I order coffee in summer! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are fabulous and that wide ribbon is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! I'm just popping by to let you know that you left a comment on my blog that I think must have been meant for someone else. It said "I expect you to manage your hours of work. I am ok with taking tome in lieu. Thank u for sorting it out"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis