Wednesday, November 17, 2010

So Grateful!

The challenge over at The Sisterhood of Crafters this week is a card for Thanksgiving. This is my take on it. As a Canadian, we already celebrated Thanksgiving a month ago, but I did want to post a card to explain how I've been feeling of late.

You see, I placed my very first PTI order a couple of weeks ago and just as it was due to arrive, I realized that I forgot to order the stocking print die that matched the stamps I'd ordered last Christmas when my BC online pals were placing their orders. So I placed my very own order, combined shipping with a friend and we were awaiting our goodies when I had the realization. Almost immediately, I thought "Well, maybe Maureen will be placing an order and I can add to hers...." so I emailed her to find out and she said she'd keep it in mind if she did. Meanwhile, Laural had emailed and we did some catching up and she said she had a little surprise for me on it's way. Well, Laural's package arrived on Monday - and it included a beautiful card, a funtastic bag and the die! She'd remembered that I'd ordered that stamp set so when the die came out, she'd ordered one for me, intending for it to be a Christmas gift. TALK ABOUT COINCIDENCES!


Anyways, I just love when something that fun happens and I truly am grateful for all of my friends - be them online, in person or any sort of distance. Thank you, Laural, for making my week! Thank you for taking time to visit today!!

I used the Mojo Monday Sketch 165 and my new Papertrey - the super talented Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Signature Greetings.

Head over to see what the other Sisters have cooked up before our Holiday break!

5 comments:

  1. I love my Signature Greetings set...It's so useful for a million different occasions. I have a PTI order totally 108.00 sitting in my cart and I haven't pushed the button to complete it, I'm trying to convince myself I don't "need" all of it. Yikes! Enough about me, LOVE the card and that paper is so cute! Great how the stamping matches it too :) Oh, and you have wonderful generous friends too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely surprise for you hun! Fabulous card too, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used your mojo sketch, Tanny :) That PTI DP is so much fun. LOVE PTI stuff and have a long wish list for them :) I finally got Turning a New Leaf and I just LOVE that set!! Enjoy your new goodies and I look forward to seeing your creations with them. Have a fabulous day (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so fun to be a part of this surprise!!! It's been a few months in the making thanks to Laural...it's the sweet little gestures in life that are so BIG :) So what ELSE did you order? It's great that you can go in with friends AND I've discovered if you order over 200.00, they give you a $20 shipping discount so shipping here (we had our last 2 orders shipped to Canada as no trips to the US lately) was only $8!! Gorgeous sentiment and fabulous bling!!! yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Tanny! You really worked some awesomeness with your new goodies! I love that sentiment set!!!! Gorgeous take on the mojo sketch too!!! YAY for new goodies!!!! That was so super nice of Laural too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis