Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bunny Love

A Happy Hello from the *hopefully* sunny skies this fine morning! With any luck, I'm currently on my way over to New York City for 8 days of indulgence in food and entertainment fun.

I used the Mojo Monday #155 sketch for this card and the sweet Amber Ink Love Bunny - Kiss, Kiss - Fluffy Bottoms. I had to have these adorable bunnies so I could paper piece them and use some liquid applique & sparkles for their adorable tails!

I had always seen paper pieced digis, but never attempted it before. I love how easy it is!
I almost paired it up with the adorable "Some Bunny Loves You" digi from Amber Ink, but I decided to go with the Happy Hello set from Verve for my tag and I was off to the races. I did a little sponging on the white and tried to settle the bunnies on the ground with some cocoa sponging and dirt 'mounds', but I'm sorely lacking in grounding abilities it seems! HAHA


Hope you have a fabulous Tuesday! Don't forget to check out what the rest of the {th}Ink Tank girls are doing!

7 comments:

  1. Love these little guys all paper pieced and lovey dovey! Hope you have a grand time in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have aced this sketch, Tanis!! Just love how you paper pieced the bunnies (love those bunnies) and your use of DPs for the sketch is fabulous. You knocked this one out of the ball park GF!! Maybe it's in prep for your trip to the ball game in NY LOL! Have a fabulous trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These little bunnies are soooc cute paper pieced like that! Awesome sketch and I love the sparkle on the tails...Hope you're having a fab time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so darling and the colors fit the photo inspiration over at Papercraft Star's challenge this week.. you should enter it over there too! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love what you have done with the love bunnies! I am such a coloring fool that I forget how charming it is to paper piece! Love the color palette too, with the warm yellow and dusty blue! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those bunnies paper pieced! So CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis