Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Snow Day!

I've always hoped I'd get a snow day, but this is the first time I've ever had one! We had a nasty, wet snowfall all morning with crazy blizzard-like conditions and our office lost power, so after a few hours of waiting around (thanks to intermittent power for about 15 minutes getting everyone's hopes up for finishing some actual work), we all bailed...and I came home to do what?! Relax of course!

That's consisted of some TV watching and crafting. I created a couple of Mother's Day cards. The one I want to show you today is the one I created for Mojo Monday 137 and the Curtain Call Color Challenge {Act 28}. I love what my friend Marisa, who's a design team member, did with the colors and wanted to take a spin with them. I haven't used Kraft a lot lately, but I really love how it looks on everyone else's cards and have been wanting to play.

Also with thoughts of Marisa, I used our favorite embossing folder, Swiss Dots! I used a punch for the squares and couldn't bring myself to recut them to make it more suitable for the sketch. I'm usually a fairly close follower of sketches, but I have to remind myself that they are JUST a guideline =)

Anyways, Kraft, Not Quite Navy, Rose Red and White all made their way into this card, as well as my Well Scripted stamp set and some white half pearls.

The other cool thing that happened today - our Yankees tickets arrived! Amazingly enough, even with a wrong name, incredibly misspelled city and partial postal code, Canada Post got it here. My faith has been restored (or maybe it's just arrived)!

Looks like the snow might be slowing down eventually - at least it's no longer a total blizzard, but that also means no more snow days....and a visit to the ol' dentist tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll remind you of my blog candy - an entire PaperWorks Co RAM new release set and tomorrow's hosting of my challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters. Hope you can join in!

 



8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the swiss dots embossing you've added! Thanks for joining us at the curtain call this week!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, lucky you!!!! I've never, ever had a snow day :( They sound so fabulous...especially if there were two in a row :) I heard about your crazy weather...ours has been cold and blustery, but just snow at the higher elevations. LOVE this card!!! Fabulous texture and the pearls on that nestie are genius!!! Yay, Canada Post!!!! Maybe my faith will be restored too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card, Tanny! great texture on this clean design...and I love the prism effect your back panel has:) thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the sketch and those pearls on the Nestie label are perfection. I love the clean lines this card has!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love snow days - they're like a little gift. There's something so nice about being nestled inside with snowy conditions outside! I miss them - don't get many here in east TN (and by "many" I mean "none"). We do get some snow but just sprinkles here and there.
    Gorgeous, GORGEOUS card Tanny. Love the pearls and the embossing - so pretty with really clean lines.
    Glad your Yankees tix made it ok :) I forgot to tell you before but we're going to the team show jumping finals and the freestyle dressage finals at the world equestrian games this Oct and I can't wait!!! I thought you would appreciate it being a rider; most non-horsy folk just kind of smile and nod when I mention it. They don't get my excitement :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is FABULOUS, Tanny!! Just love what you've done with the Mojo sketch AND how you've used this week's Curtain Call colours! When I saw the other DT's cards and so many being masculine I couldn't believe it didn't even dawn on me to go that way LOL! What can I say, I'll got to flowers any time I can LOL!

    As for you, you knocked this one out of the ball park girlie :D That Nestie shape is at the top of my wish list - so many fun things you can do with it - and you have used it wonderfully to frame the sentiment. Love the pearls in the bumps on the edges. Thanks for the honorable mention too (((hugs))).

    Heard about the weather out your way - ugh!! Couqahala (sp??!!) got about a foot of snow the other night! That's when I'm glad I live in BC - even if that means having to start mowing your lawn in March LOL! I think we got sent home once from work when it started to really snow because Vancouver isn't exactly equipped with snow removal equipment and it was dumping. Took forever to get home so no extra play time because people out here on the coast don't know how to drive in the white stuff!!

    Have a great day :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful combination of both challenges Tanny, love the little pearls on the nesties! thanks for playing along with us at the curtain call this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis