Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Some people make the world special


What a true statement - and it's just like Verve to have made it into a stamp!
I created this card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #65 and my latest Verve stamps Feel the Sun. Some retired SU! designer paper and a little sakura gel pen, plus a button and paper piecing....easy peasy.

Today is the day my NYC schedule falls into place - the NFL schedule is out at 7pm Eastern and I cannot wait. That means we'll be able to hopefully get some tickets to the Jets home opener and depending on how ridiculous those tickets are, we'll decide how far up the cheap seats we choose for the Yankees game. Yahooooooo!

MrP is off enjoying Vegas, so I'm enjoying a whole lot of bike riding while he's away (since he sold his last bicycle to purchase my engagment ring and hasn't bought a new one yet). I always feel a little guilty about it, but it was far too much bike for what he really needed anyways =) Plus, yesterday my 15K ride was to get home after dropping his car off at the dealership, so really....nothing to feel bad about other than I finished my horseback riding lesson and sleeping like a log from the exhaustion. I doubt he's sleeping as well since he's up early for conference and late to bed because he and the other attendees are enjoying the Vegas nightlife. I'd much rather be home than there, but apparently I'm a bit of a weirdo for not loving Vegas. I blame the 7 days we spent there as part of our honeymoon when I grew sick of it....and now I have zero interest in returning.

Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

Stamps: Verve Feel the Sun
Paper: River Rock, Ginger Blossom DSP, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Old Olive, Cameo Coral
Ink: Basic Black, Riding Hood Read
Accessories: Dimensionals, Button, Sakura Gel Pen

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower and I love the rich burgandy color :) I've never been to Vegas, we always consider going, just so we can say that we saw it, but then we always go somewhere else on vacation instead. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is stunning Tannis. Your mix of papers is fantastic and I love the paper piece and button. Don't you just love that set?

    I've never been to Vegas but still want to go but only for a few days. I could see myself getting sick of the nightlife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanny, this is beautiful! I love this color combo!!!!! YOU make this world better and more beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Kim XXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply BEAUTIFUL, Tanny!! Wow! My kind of card!! LOVE the colours you chose and the DPs you used. Fun twine treatment on the button and paper piecing on the leaves. Great work :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful, tanis! love the white space and the layout you used:) tfs:) as for vegas, i can totally understand why you don't want to go back...4 days was enough for me...it was fun, but 4 days was enough, kwim? take care and see you at the blog hop:):) tinla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tanny! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! The DP and flower are GORGEOUS! Seriously fabulous work, girlie!
    And, again, let me reiterate how jealous I am - I will totally have to live vicariously through you while you are at the Jets home opener against the Ravens. Go Gang Green! Too bad you couldn't go a week later - the Pats at the Jets on the 19th :D
    Thanks so much for you wonderful comment! You really are far too kind, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is over the top gorgeous!!! One of my favourites of yours now ;) I love that set too...the flower and button are perfection!! I am amazed at how many "conferences" are in Vegas LOL Every kind except teaching (although that's where the highschool sports councils go!! LOL ;) 7 days in Vegas would've turned me off too...when we went 1.5 years ago, we went for 4 nights. You have to limit your stay for sure...sensory overload!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card. Love that sentiment and your card is so elegant! Love it!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis