Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm Grateful!

Today's post over at The Sisterhood of Crafters is all about being grateful - and finding gratefulness. And after returning from a week in the beautiful Dominican Republic with my mom, I'm grateful to have gone on such a wonderfully sunny vacation with her - and the fact that we're both still talking to one another after a week together. LOL!

I created this card as a thank you to her for our vacation and also had a chance to ink up some previously unopened new Verve stamps (plus, my even NEWER ones arrived today, so hopefully that'll get me crafting some of the upcoming birthday cards I'll need!) I used colors that I know she likes - and I hope she has a little idea of how much I appreciated our time at the lovely Moon Palace in Punta Cana!

I'm still not loving taking pictures with the new travel camera that MrP is forcing me to learn to use, but I'm getting there. At least I know it takes great tropical pictures. Now let's hope the disposable that I used for my parasailing pics takes the same - I'll know tonight!

10 comments:

  1. love the different nesties you used :) This is such a great sentiment...I really like stamps that mix the fonts :) New Verve...yay!! When you come to Kelowna next time, perhaps Laural and I will drive there to meet you for a glass of wine and a bow tying tutorial ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are great and I love the center shape! Sounds like you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour combo - nice, clean and simple. Excellent!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colours and is that green dot paper stamped? I like the outlined die and beautiful stamping. Glad you and your mom are still talking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card.. love the color combo..Very lovely!!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card and sweet gesture!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful vacation with your Mom ... that alone is something to be grateful for!! Beautiful card Tanny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to flash some Verve :D I'm sure you mom will love it. Can't wait to see more pics of your time away :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tanny,
    YOur card is perfect for you Mother! I know she will adore it. I'm so glad to hear that you guys had a fantastic time together!
    Big hugs,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card..... love the colors and the simple elegance. You know me :-)....

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Tanny! You are my color guru! Love you color combos - this one is os pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis