Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mojo 103 challenge was just that....a challenge

This card will end up being a birthday card for my uncle who turns 50 in a few weeks. The sentiment is a little more whimsical than I would've chosen if I had it to do again. Oh well - live & learn. II wasn't totally happy with the sketch (since I really struggle to get measurements even close to examples), so I gave it another try...
And came up with this one...

It's going to be the wedding card we give to our friends who get married at the end of the month. They're such a fun couple and the rust color is close to their wedding color, so it worked well. You can't realy see but the white background is embossed with the Script cuttlebug folder. I think it's very pretty in real life, but I'm more than a little biased!


8 comments:

  1. OH! I like this one! I love the layout! Sketches are so hard for me to follow and design! That is why I challenged myself to make a design challenge on Saturdays! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good...it' wasn't just me that struggled. I find it's hard once you get more than 3 panels on a card :) Love the dp on the first one and the second is beautiful...love the simple colour combo...very classic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bothare are beautiful, clean and striking! Love the green/black/white colour combo and the teeny loops on your ribbon are an excellent detail and match to your dp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both cards! I'm going to have to give that sketch a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem with sketches but both of yours turned out lovely. I think your uncle will be quite pleased with his card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Uncle's card, the colors are perfect for a masculine card! I know he'll love it. The together card is very elegant!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love what you did with both of these! Great takes on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis