Friday, July 17, 2009

Rockin' Out on Friday!

My ears are still ringing a little, but let me tell ya - great show last night! First, Canadian boys Bedouin Soundclash rocked about a half dozen songs, including St. Andrews while I was grabbing a nice & spicy caesar from the gougers (aka bartender) and closing with When The Night Feels My Song". Jay has a pretty darn amazing voice that I enjoyed listening to in the live setting.

After a little revision to the stage, Paramore took the stage and their first visit to Edmonton will likely not be their last. Those Tennessee kids got a really warm welcome and even with the all too common occurance of voices being drowned out by instruments at Rexall, the crowd showed Hayley and the boys the love. She's quite a performer and they entire group was great to watch. At one point near the end of their set, Hayley said "What a crazy & amazing welcome for our first time here - I think we have four people to thank for that...do y'all know who I mean?!" And people went nuts.

photo by my friend Gina, who saw them in Calgary on Friday night
They knew! Gwen, Tony, Tom & Adrian. No Doubt! In a futuristic stage setting, they began with Spiderwebs, followed by Hella Good and it just kept going! When we left the concert, I felt like hitting the gym for the next 7 hours until I started work in hopes of one day rockin' the six pack that Gwen possesses. WOW! Almost 40, two kids and the woman has the body that any 17 year old gymnast would be envious of. At one point, she was challenged to a pushup match by a fan and matched him on 20 smokin' pushups before hopping up & hugging. If I bounced around and exerted that much energy for an hour before I had a pushup challenge, I can tell you where I'd be telling that person to go.... =)

Anyways, it was a great night and I'm so grateful to MrP for getting us fantastic seats and being so thoughtful to get the tickets in the first place!

Before I fall asleep (yes, I'm working today, but just barely!) I wanted to share a couple of cards with you. For whatever reason, I wasn't sure if I was able to since they're part of my submission for the Scrap 'n Stamp Guest Design Team call...but I figure they already have the email and I've got my fingers crossed =)

Scrap 'n Stamp is a Canadian online store, based out of Aldergrove, British Columbia. They've got a huge selection of products, including my favorites - Nestabilities!

I found out about their Guest DT call on Splitcoast and then checked out their blog for the details. If you're in Canada and interested, be sure to check it out. It closes on July 31st. The submission asks for the inclusion of four projects, as well as the designer's interpretation of the following sketch:



For whatever reason, I couldn't get the idea of the butterfly out of my head, but I only own a couple of butterflies (despite my adoration for all of the butterfly stamps out there....I really can't believe I don't have a whole pile of them!) I inked up my Flight of the Butterfly and used a color combo that I really loved when making a card for my Mom's birthday last year, Sahara Sand and Elegant Eggplant (although looking at the photo, you'd think it was black!). I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the flower print on the butterfly and I love the result in real life (in photo, it's not nearly as pretty - but I'm obviously biased!)


Stamps: Thank You Kindly
Paper: Sahara Sand, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Nestabilities, Scallop Blade on Cutter, Slot Punch (I think that's what it's called....bear with me!)


I also included a card that was the result of a sketch that I'd found on their website earlier in the week. It uses some Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant and Whisper White. I used Nesties to create the squares and bridal confetti flowers, colored with markers, to create my fave shimmery flowers, along with their foliage. Silver brads gave them centres and another favorite sentiment, the swirly Thanks from Thank You Kindly was cut out with a Nestie, mounted on another and popped up with a dimensional.


Stamps: Thank You Kindly
Paper: Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Always Artichoke DSP
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Nestabilities, Paper Flowers, Silver Brads


Thanks for stopping by today! It's going to be a BUSY weekend, but I can't wait for Sunday night after my 10K run will be finished, all the madness that is Saturday will be over (despite the fun factor, I always love when I can just chill out) and I'll be able to enjoy some fine dining at Vons with friends because it's Forkfest, baby! A bunch of independent restaurants feature $20 and $35 multi-course menus to give an affordable opportunity to try out some of the best Edmonton has to offer. Check 'em out (some even include their menus online)! July 19-23 and 26-30!

4 comments:

  1. These are fabulous creations. Love both cards and I would be very surprised if you do not make the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards! Good luck on the DT submission! So glad you had a great time at the concert! Good luck on the 10K run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers! Your cards are so beautiful...tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the butterfly card!! Good luck on the design team!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis