Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bada Bing Cherry Pie & a cute Ewe






Well this is it....the Bada Bing Cherry Pie recipe that MrP made on July 1st!
However, instead of actually purchasing a cherry pitter, he used a paperclip. Good ol' Google. Bend it in half, push the out-turned end into the pit, twist & pull out. (Sounds easy, but I wasn't the one who pitted a little under six cups of cherries - gotta love deep dish pie pans!)

He also made the pie crust, a tried & true recipe from Alton Brown's I'm Only Here for The Food II Baking Book. Another fantastic showing for this recipe. He did modify the recipe for the pie a little, as our Pampered Chef pie plate is a deep dish and therefore uses a little more than the average recipe, but used the basis and it's delicious. Not that I stuck a spoon in and pulled out a cherry or something. That would be considered rude to the chef. And I'm just not like that. (But with a small bit of ice cream & a bit of pie, it's divine!)

And as a bonus for Canada Day, we met up for beer & wings with Chelsey & K-Dawg, who's rocking the arm sling! I whipped up a little card to wish him a speedy recovery using the Color Combination 225 challenge and Viva La Verve July week 1 sketch with a twist, which was distressing. Let me put this out there - I hate distressing. I'm far too clean & layer conscious to do much when it comes to distressing. This really was a challenge, but I was happy with how it turned out (and the dazzling diamonds on the liquid applique before heat setting for my puffy little ewe was perfect!)

Stamps: Farm Fever
Paper: Kraft, So Saffron, Night of Navy, Bella Birds
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: White Ribbon, Black Embossing Powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Liquid Applique
Techniques: Embossing, Liquid Applique

2 comments:

  1. The picture doesn't do it justice...the card is really, really cute and the liquid applique is the perfect touch.
    The pie looks delish...my compliments to MrP.
    If you feel the need to freeze a slice for your bestest buddy I won't try to stop you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. K-Dawg might be down for a bit, slinging and all, but give it a week or so and we'll be a mowing/weeding machine again.

    Can't keep a gardener down like me down for a long time

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis