Monday, June 29, 2009

Wanted to Watch TV, But Made a Card Instead

I created this card yesterday for a couple we know that have a baby on the way (any day now, child!) It was nice to sit down last night & make a couple cards while MrP talked to his father, although I didn't appreciate it at the time since we were three episodes from finding out who the killer is on Harper's Island, a show we've been neglecting and thus ended up with about 10 shows on the PVR.

It amazes me how many familiar faces are on that show - people from shows that nobody else ever watched, according to MrP! Well I did, so there!
The soon to be married girl (Trish Wellington) was also Ruby on Supernatural. The father (Mr. Wellington) was Susan's ex husband, Carl, on Desperate Housewives. The soon to be married guy (Henry Dunne) was on Popular. A couple of the groomsmen were on other shows that I recognized, too - one from One Tree Hill, the other from The Best Years. Okay - maybe nobody really does watch those shows, but I did, so whatever! (And I'll tell you what....I liked them! Yep - I said it. I LIKED THEM!) It does seem to happen, though, that many of the shows I've enjoyed have been cancelled after a season. Like Moonlight, Journeyman, Bedford Diaries, Hidden Palms, Whistler, The Nine, Cashmere Mafia, Kings, Priviledged...then comes ones that had a season or two and that really dug the knife into my teeny tiny heart....Veronica Mars, Reaper & Pushing Daisies.

By the way, don't google any of them or you'll likely find a theme - I enjoy zoning out to fluff (although some of them were very smart & witty, delicious to devour marshmallow fluff!)

Alright, enough crying about spilled milk (cancelled shows in this case). This is my card du jour - it was easy, peasy thanks to the Verve June Week 4 sketch (I'll post week 3's sketch after it makes it to it's intended destination).

Stamps: Whipper Snapper Here's Two Ewe
Paper: Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Watercolor, Delicate Dots DP, Non SU! Purple Cardstock
Ink: Black Staz-On, SU! Markers
Accessories: Nestabilities, White Ribbon
Techniques: Watercolor






1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment =) Be sure to include your blog info so I can check out what you arere up to, as well!
~Tanis